Friday 1 April 2011

'I am thankful for laughter, except when milk comes out of my nose.' ~Woody Allen

I didn't even see it coming,  but when my Mum asked  if I was all right the tears had already formed and dropped. They were dripping off my nose before I'd realised things weren't (how do Mums do that?)

Pre-menstrual?
Tired?
Trousers feeling a bit tight?
Clingy child  repeating "I don't wanna stay" when being left at school?
All of the above? Maybe.

Didn't help that said clingy child made it impossible to leave school building to get to pilates class. Didn't help that I can't go to the gym to make said trousers feel less tight as arse is still knacking from yesterday's session on the exercise bike.

"Maybe you need to write something from your heart," Mum said, "that'll make you feel better."
"Pah" I thought. But logged on anyway.  The Sassy Curmudgeon's blog popped up on my reading list- and with one click  it had made me smile (even though I was trying not to) and laugh (which cracked the ice) and suddenly feel a whole lot better. A little bit of laughter solves a lot of woes.

3 comments:

  1. Lovely! wise?(sometimes),perceptive?(sometimes)right? nearly always - mum
    glad you're feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your style Frances, and was hooked instantly by this intro. You got a 'sad to happy' story that's sweet, honest and inspiring all sown up in four paragraphs... I'm glad you logged on too! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you C! It could have so easily gone the other way - but Friday night was saved -yay!

    ReplyDelete